Common Electrical Tests on Instrument Transformers
Our test systems let you carry out several standard tests quickly:
- magnetization characteristic
- saturation behavior (ALF/FS)
- transformation ratio and its accuracy
- winding resistance
- withstand voltage or remanence
The results give you a good overview of your instrument transformers’ (ITs’) condition to determine further necessary measures.
Former accuracy class 0.1 tests of ITs required a complex on-site test, or sometimes a complete disassembly and transport to a test laboratory. However, you can perfectly use OMICRON’s powerful and compact test solutions for field tests. With their high accuracy, they can also be used partially for the calibration of ITs during metering.
CT Analyzer: Current transformer (CT) analysis with the push of a button
Working principle of CT Analyzer:
- Injects low test signals into secondary side of the CT
- Determines the CT‘s equivalent circuit parameters
- Identifies all relevant CT performance parameters
- Displays all relevant parameters of the CT and its accuracy at different currents and burdens
- Evaluates the CT according to the selected standard
- Determines unknown CT nameplate parameters
- Demagnetizes the CT after the test
CT Analyzer can be ordered with different firmware packages
Measures ratio, composite error, excitation and knee point, winding resistance
Measures and assesses CTs with accuracy classes ≥ 0.3 according to IEC and IEEE standards
Expands standard package to accuracy classes ≥ 0.1 and additional assessment standards
Measures protection CTs according to IEEE C57.13 (does not support metering CTs)
Benefits of this solution
The CT Analyzer approach
Assessment of CT Performance
High accuracy and light weight
VOTANO 100: Accurate and mobile voltage transformer testing and calibration
VOTANO 100 is the first portable device (15 kg/33 lbs) which offers highly accurate voltage transformer tests. This allows to use VOTANO 100 not only for electrical performance checks, but also for class verification and calibration.
It performs quick tests of all kinds of inductive voltage transformers (VTs) and capacitive voltage transformers (CVTs) for both protection and metering purposes.
Its light-weight design makes it ideal for on-site tests and calibration tasks in power system grids. As a manufacturer or testing lab you can use VOTANO 100 in your production facilities and test/development labs.
The voltage booster VBO2 provides the test voltage during the ratio measurement. Its integrated switchbox automatically switches between the necessary test sequences.
CPC 100: Multi-functional performance checks through primary injection on instrument transformers
The patented CPC 100 primary injection test system replaces several individual testing devices. This reduces the costs for training and transport, and cuts down testing time.
Therefore, the CPC 100 is the ideal test set for substation asset commissioning and maintenance.
You can operate the CPC 100 via the integrated front panel, or by using the Primary Test ManagerTM (PTM) software on your laptop.
COMPANO 100: Easy wiring checks of secondary wiring
COMPANO 100 is the universal and easy-to-use solution for all types of basic testing duties in electrical energy systems.
Controlled electronic sources allow the user to obtain exactly the desired value and to output signals with variable frequencies and other signal forms, automated ramps, and pure DC.
The highly flexible inputs are configurable, for example, as binary inputs for relay testing, AC or DC voltage inputs or current inputs.
CPOL2: Handheld polarity checker
CPOL2 can be used as an accessory for several OMICRON test sets: CMC, COMPANO 100, CPC 100 and CT Analyzer.
It offers the following functionalities and features:
- Polarity check of current transformers and voltage transformers (CTs and VTs)
- Polarity check of terminals and wiring connected to CTs and VTs
- Handheld device with exchangeable measuring tips
- High sensitivity and accuracy
- Magnetic back side of the housing allows attachment to control cabinets, etc.