Recloser control testing with ARCO 400 Virtual Class
Learn how to test recloser and sectionalizer controls quickly and reliably with ARCO 400. Become familiar with the software guided workflow of ARCO Control and learn how to prepare reusable test plans for standardized testing.
- Become familiar with the theory of reclosers and their application in the distribution system
- Perform easy and efficient tests of recloser and sectionalizer controls
- Learn about voltage-based distribution system restoration and how to test it
- Prepare reusable test plans with ReCoPlan for standardized and time-saving tests
- Theoretical background of reclosers and sectionalizers, their protective functions and automated distribution restoration schemes
- Getting to know the easy test setup of ARCO 400 and its smart controller adapters
- Performing simple manual trip and close checks just with the ARCO hardware
- ARCO Control overview
- Performing wiring checks
- Determining pick-up values of overcurrent curves
- Testing the reclosing sequence of recloser controls under various conditions
- Testing overcurrent operating characteristics
- Getting to know the testing principles of voltage-based restoration schemes
- Testing 2nd harmonic blocking functions
- Creating test plans with ReCoPlan and executing them with ARCO Control
10:00 a.m. CDT (5 hours), UTC-5:00
4 hours + 1 hour lunch break
Full agenda can be seen here:
The webinar will start at 10am - Houston, TX, USA time each day
Participant Certificates will be provided only to those who register AND attend.
NETA CTD Credits can be earned with this webinar.
IACET CEU Credit can be earned by completing the daily quizzes after the course.
Please have everyone register individually if they want to receive the recordings or certificates.
Technical staff from electric utilities, service companies and manufacturers involved in recloser maintenance, installation and testing
Basic knowledge about distribution systems and protective devices
Different controller adapters
„Theoretical and practical units came one after another so that the things learned could be applied immediately.“
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.