Online-Course: Instrument transformer diagnostics with CPC 100
Get to know the wide scope of applications and operation of the CPC 100's hardware and PC tool set. Learn how to efficiently test CTs and VTs in hands-on and theoretical sessions. Work with OMICRON's own CTs and VTs to gain experience with this application.
- Perform commissioning, troubleshooting and periodic tests of CTs and VTs
- Create asset specific test plan including wiring diagram
- Automatic assessment according to industry standards
- Comprehensive reporting, including templates for all standard and advanced tests
- Measure the CT and VTs ratio or ratio error as functional test of the ITs' performance as part of commissioning tests
- Evaluate the excitation current and the CT’s knee-point to define its error and performance
- Background about winding resistance measurement to find possible electrical damage in windings or contact problem
- Perform burden measurement to determine the influence of cables and connections on the burden impedance
- Check the polarity check between the primary and secondary windings of an IT to prevent maloperation of connected protection devices
- How to efficiently perform all relevant commissioning test using Primary Test Manager (PTM)
- Automated generation of test reports with Primary Test Manager (PTM)
You will receive a personal email with all course information such as detailed agenda, and all neccessary access data shortly before the online training course.
Technical staff involved in transformer testing in utilities, transmission, distribution and generation networks, railway grids, service companies and manufacturers.
Knowledge of electrical engineering
CPC 100, CP SB2, CPOL2
Primary Test Manager (PTM)
„The students were always in the center of attention.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.