Circuit Breaker Operation Time (Off-Service) (GIS)
For measuring GIS operating times we recommend the Current Sensor Measurement (CSM) method. With this method, the ground connections on the grounding switch do not need to be removed and the GIS remains grounded on both sides. The operating time is measured via an inductive current change measurement using the parallel ground connection of the breaker. The current change that is measured through the ground connection is then used to determine the switch response times.
CIBANO 500 + CB MC2 + Current Sensor
A current sensor (a Rogowski coil) is connected to the switchbay grounding switch. These sensors have a flexible design, can easily be installed on a multitude of different grounding switches and are ideal for on-site applications in GIS installations. The breaker remains grounded on both sides throughout the entire measurement.
Benefits of this solution
Minimized handling effort
- Safely Grounded! Timing measurements on gas-insulated switchgear (GIS) with grounding on both sides 207 KB
- Optimized Testing - Maximum Efficiency 1 MB
- On-site Non-intrusive Testing of AC Circuit Breakers 410 KB
- Interpreting the results of circuit breaker analysis 818 KB
- PotM-02-2021 Medium Voltage Breaker Testing ENU 400 KB