IEC 61850 Client/Server
Automatic SCADA testing in accordance with IEC 61850
IEC 61850 Client/Server (VESM1186) performs protection testing by utilizing IEC 61850 SCADA communications, in particular the reports. This verifies as well if the IED issues the correct reports to the SCADA system. The test module is a client that communicates directly with the IED (the server), largely extending the scope of testing. The module has access to the entire data model of the IED and may interrogate any data attribute during testing. The module also controls the IED’s operation mode (test, test/blocked, off, on, and on/blocked) to isolate the IED under test within a live installation.
IEC 61850 Client/Server contains the following functions, among others:
- Retrieval, evaluation, and logging of IEC 61850 reports from the IED
- Access to each attribute in the data model of the IED, e.g. pick-up of individual protection functions
- Secure reset to normal operation after testing
Selected IEC 61850 tools can also be ordered as a package:
- IEC 61850 Basic (VESM1190)
- IEC 61850 Advanced (VESM1191)
This module is part of the Test Universe software. For more information please refer to the Test Universe website.