IEC 61850 Client/Server
Automatic SCADA testing in accordance with IEC 61850
IEC 61850 Client/Server (VESM1186) performs protection testing by utilizing IEC 61850 SCADA communications, in particular the reports. This verifies as well if the IED issues the correct reports to the SCADA system. The test module is a client that communicates directly with the IED (the server), largely extending the scope of testing. The module has access to the entire data model of the IED and may interrogate any data attribute during testing. The module also controls the IED’s operation mode (test, test/blocked, off, on, and on/blocked) to isolate the IED under test within a live installation.
IEC 61850 packages
Selected IEC 61850 tools can also be ordered as a package (add-on to Test Universe packages):
- IEC 61850 Basic (VESM1190)
- IEC 61850 Advanced (VESM1191)
- Retrieval, evaluation, and logging of IEC 61850 reports from the IED
- Access to each attribute in the data model of the IED, e.g. pick-up of individual protection functions
- Secure reset to normal operation after testing
IEC 61850 Training with Mobile Digital Substation
Get in touch
Need more details?
Get a quotation?
Request for a demo?
Contact us now