Determining magnitude, phase, and frequency thresholds by pulse ramping definitions
With the Pulse Ramping test module, quick, accurate and thorough determination of pick-up values of multifunctional relays is easily done. Pulse Ramping allows for testing a protection element pick-up value without disabling associated functions. This eliminates a potential source of error as no disabling of relay functions is required. The use of Pulse Ramping also avoids high continuous testing current for electromechanical relays with high instantaneous settings.
Other functions include:
- Distance protection fault model
- Reset state definition
- End-to-End testing using a GPS trigger or IRIG-B
- Automatic report creation
- Automatic result assessment
Pick-up testing of...
- Multifunctional relays with overlapping elements
- Overcurrent relays with multiple elements
- Generator protection
- Motor protection
- Rate of change relays (including df/dt)
This module is part of the Test Universe software. For more information please refer to the Test Universe website.