Basic partial discharge measurement and analysis system
Ideal for routine and acceptance testing
The MPD 500 is a basic partial discharge (PD) measurement and analysis system. It includes a clearly-structured pass/fail functionality, enabling user-friendly analysis for routine tests and tests with high throughput. The modular system can be used for single- or multi-channel PD measurements. The MPD software enables full remote control of the measurement devices, detailed visualization of PD measurement data and automated reporting.
MPD 500 at a glance
Effective noise reduction
The MPD 500 features effective methods for reducing or eliminating the effect of noise, making PD measurements more reliable and accurate. These include an adjustable center frequency and multiple bandwidths to tune out noise and focus on the test object’s PD signals.
“Our MPD 500 has a number of automated features that make it ideal for pass/fail partial discharge evaluation during routine and acceptance testing on electrical assets.”
- Simplest possible measurement of partial discharges with convenient reporting
- Fast decisions through automatic fault indication (pass/fail)
- Safe operation through complete electrical isolation of the PD acquisition equipment
- Detailed ellipsis and PRPD (phi-Q-n) displays
- An affordable system for routine measurements and factory tests
- Acceptance tests on bushings, distribution transformers and motors
- Manufacturing tests on bushings, insulators, insulation barriers and other electrical insulation types